Shared Ownership

Shared ownership is increasingly popular, especially in areas such as the South East and London. By purchasing part of the property and paying rent to the Housing Association or Local Authority that owns the other part, people can afford to get on the property ladder even in areas where prices are high.

Our advisers are experts on shared ownership schemes. They will help you arrange a mortgage under a Housing Association scheme, or buy back part of the equity if you are already in a scheme.

As the scheme is designed for people who cannot afford to buy their own homes, there are certain criteria that apply and we will be pleased to discuss these with you.

Sometimes existing tenants or those waiting for property are given priority to purchase. As well as your share of the mortgage (which is usually 50%, but can be higher or lower) you will have a lease agreement with your social landlord. We will advise on insurances, what type of legal advice you need to have, and other costs such as stamp duty, all of which should be taken into consideration when you enter the scheme.

Whether you are already own part of your home and are looking to purchase more of the equity, or you are considering entering into a Shared Ownership agreement, get in touch and benefit from our expertise.







The Property Specialists Limited are appointed representatives of Ingard Financial Limited who are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority 450731.

Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.

There will be a fee of £250 for the mortgage advice, the precise amount will depend upon your circumstances but we estimate that it will be £250.

The guidance and/or advice contained in this website is subject to the UK regulatory regime and is therefore restricted to consumers based in the UK. The Financial Ombudsman Service is available to sort out individual complaints that clients and financial services businesses aren't able to resolve themselves. To contact the Financial Ombudsman Service please visit